27 Apr LAG BA’OMER CAMPFIRE CAKE
Chocolate Iced Cake
Yellow, Red, & Orange hard candy
Rolled wafer cookies
As we won’t be having any lag B’Omer gatherings with bonfires and activities this year – make this adorable campfire cake. Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe. Baking in 2 9 inch rounds. Frost the cake with a chocolate icing.
To make the candy flames:
1. Crush yellow, red and orange hard candy (individually by color) and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Arrange the yellow crushed candy in the middle and the orange/red on the outside. This way when you break the candy it will resemble the colors of a real flame.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 6 – 10 minutes or until melted.
4. Once you remove the melted candy from the oven, use a toothpick to create a swirl or marbled efect. Make sure to do this before the candy begins to harden.
5. Once the candy has hardened, break candy into jagged pieces and stick in center of cake to look like a camp fire. Decorate with rolled wafer cookies to look like logs