31 Aug ROSH HASHANAH BRISKET
5-6 lb brisket
3 medium onions
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 cloves of minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
12 oz chili sauce
2 15 oz cans of jellied cranberry sauce
12 oz bottle of beer
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
This brisket was made famous by the series The Marvelous Mrs Maisel. It will not disappoint and make your Yom tov meal famous as well.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In large pan, sauté sliced onions and garlic in oil until browned.
3. Remove onions and garlic from pan, salt and pepper the brisket and sear using the same pan.
4. Once seared on all sides, add onions and garlic under the brisket.
5. Add chili oil, cranberry sauce, beer, cider vinegar.
6. Sprinkle top of brisket with brown sugar.
7. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 3.5 hours.
8. Refrigerate overnight and slice the next day.