12 Jan TOP 5 THINGS ONE CAN WORK ON DURING THESE CHALLENGING TIMES
This is an example of how much Rabbi Kelemer loved each and every Jew. He encouraged us to reach out to others, especially during times which we feel are challenging for us on a personal level.
1. Deeper kavanah in tefillah, especially in the amidst and tehillim (more emphasis on quality and not quantity).
2. Setting aside time to learn with your spouse/children.
3. Calling those who have lost family members, even after shivah. Calling lonely individuals who may have not suffered from covid-19 however may be very afraid of the possibility, especially if they are confined or quarantined to a nursing home.
4. Tzedakah- especially to help pay yeshiva tuition for unemployed or indigent families.
5. The hardest endeavor and most meaningful-Tikun Hamidos. Anger management/lelamaid zechus/favorable interpretation of the behavior of others. Listening patiently to others.